Before you grab your pitch forks and cry in protest for my lack of baking posts, let me just tell you today’s Sunday Sweets recipe completely makes up for it.
Today, I’m going to give you the recipe (and delish pics to drool over) of how to make the best, most decadent and chocolatey, nutella cheesecake. I got this genius recipe from the brilliant Phoodie.
If you’re a loyal E&T reader you might remember I’ve made her easiest chocolate croissants (ever!), I attempted to make her banoffee pie and I’ve also made her banana coconut muffins and marvellous rocky road. You should most certainly check all of these out – they’re brilliant.
Anyway, I can hear your sighs of frustration as you urge me to get to the good part about the nutella cheesecake and to stop blabbering. So here it is!
Ingredients (To make a 23cm cheesecake)
250g Arnott’s Choc Ripple biscuits (or similar, just a plain chocolate cookie-style biscuit)
100g unsalted butter
500g of cream cheese, softened
110g icing sugar
300ml thickened cream
440g of Nutella
200g milk chocolate (buttons or other, for the ganache)
100ml thickened cream (for the ganache)
20 Ferrero Rochers (10 inside the cream cheese filling and 10 crushed on top)
1) Crush biscuits to a sand like consistency either in a food processor or in a bowl / on the bench with a rolling pin.
2) Place crushed biscuits into a bowl (if not in one already) and add melted butter. Mix well and transfer to 23cm springform tin.
3) Press evenly into the base of the tin, not up the sides. Place this into the fridge.
4) In an electric mixer combine your nutella and sifted icing sugar. When 90% combined, add in your softened / room temp cream cheese and combine at high speed.
5) When this is all completely combined, add in cream and mix on high speed. It will become rather pale in colour and mousse-like in texture.
6) Chop 10 of the Ferrero’s into large pieces and on a slow speed add these to the cheesecake mixture. Mix for about 15 seconds only as you don’t want them to completely turn to dust.
7) Transfer cheesecake filling to tin, making sure to spread it evenly, (see pic below) and place in fridge overnight.
8) The next day, place the chocolate and the cream into a pot on the stove and melt over a medium heat, stirring the ENTIRE time. Once combined, remove from heat, allow to cool slightly and then spoon evenly over the top of the cheesecake. You only want this later to be about 4mm thick so you may not need all of the ganache. If you do this slowly you can control the thickness of this layer better! I often end up with spare and serve it heated on the side of each slice.
9) Scatter the remaining 10 (chopped) Ferreros on top of the ganache and then place cheesecake straight back in the fridge for at least 3 hours.
I think this is perhaps THE BEST thing I have ever made! No, I don’t think, I KNOW. THIS IS SO DELICIOUS I can’t even put it into words.
It’s so chocolatey and creamy and you can really taste the hazelnut of the nutella through the cream cheese. The addition of the ferrero rocher only heightens the nutty flavour. BUT … it’s not too nutty. You don’t even have to add the ferrero rocher. It’s highly decadent but so incredibly tasty. Of course I ate a huge slice no problem! It’s smooth and velvety as it slides down your throat.
The base is moist and thick and melts in your mouth. But my description does not do it justice. You MUST make this immediately. Please.
37 thoughts on “Sunday Sweets: Nutella Cheesecake (no bake)”
OH, MY GOSH.
this looks like, no joke, a cake that would change your life forever…
will definitely have to make it stat!
ferrero rochers are my fave, so definitely won’t be leaving them out.. in fact, i’ll probably double them. 40, anyone?! haha :P
I BET you could make a healthy version! So easy! It legitimately just changed my life … no joke. Haha the more ferrero rochers the better! Might be going back for another slice …. shh! :) xxx
Where is the Pinterest button?!?! This looks so good!
Haha I’m not sure! But I’ve seen my posts shared on Pinterest so there must be a way! Let me see if I can figure it out :)
Looks great! Looking forward to making it!
My oh my! this looks soooooooo delicious!!
It is soooo delicious! Thank you! :)
Well doesn’t that look just absolutely gorgeous!!
Why thank you!!
Totally love this, a no bake cheese cake is brilliant and there isn’t one thing i would change, love Rocher, nutella WOW!!
It is pretty WOW! You should try it :)
yummmmm! this is like all amazing flavours in one! nutella + cheesecake and i am sooooo there! :)
I’ve pretty much eaten the whole cake myself it’s that good!! :)
YUM! Nutella is my favourite thing in the whole world. Next to Ferrero Rochers. And this cheesecake has both! *jumps around like a lunatic*
You seriously must make it! It is hands down the yummiest thing I have ever made!
Jeezlouise, this looks SO good! And no bake too – I don’t think it can get much better than that!
It doesn’t get much better … until you actually eat it ;)
This may be a silly question, but do you need to line the pan with baking paper or does the refrigeration hold it all in place?
You need to use a spring form pan :) and so then no you don’t need baking paper!
It look so yummy. Give me one. HAha! BTW, Love your site. Visit mine too! Don’t forget to follow. HAHA :)
Thanks! Yes sure I will check your site out x
Reblogged this on BeeHive and commented:
This is nice. I like. :)
I just gained 10 pounds reading that! :-)
I probably gained that much eating the whole thing to myself pretty much!
This looks absolutely gorgeous and divine! Gonna give it a try :)
Please please please do!
(GASP!) Stop it! This looks magical.
Ohhh now I am craving!
Oh goodness, YUM, something different then my nutella on toast. I think I’ve found next Saturday’s dessert, maybe even sooner don’t think I can wait that long. All my favorites in one, oh boy!
Looks great! The chocolate cravings have started.
Also, thanks for following my blog.
Haha trust me you don’t WANT to wait that long! Seriously … once you eat it you’ll wonder why you didn’t start making it RIGHT NOW. No worries – thanks for checking out mine! x
Your cheesecake looks gorgeous! Cream cheese, Nutella, and Ferrero Rochers–a decadent combination! Bookmarking this recipe–thanks for sharing!
It’s still my favourite thing I’ve made to date!!
Do you recommend the use of parchment paper inside the baking pan?
Pingback: Sydney Gems You Should Know About | Edibles and Travels
Pingback: Recipe: Nutella Cheesecake With Ferrero Rocher | Lisa Ventura: Hold The Front Page!
Such a stunning looking cake!