First you twist it, then you lick it, then you dunk it. Can anyone guess the secret ingredient of this recipe?
This amazing (even though all my Sunday Sweets recipes are amazing ) recipe is brought to you by a yummy blog called The Londoner . She actually dubbed this recipe ‘Slutty Chocolate Brownies’ – but call me old fashioned I don’t think that’s a very nice name.
THUS, in this post I’ve named them The Most Decadent Chocolate Brownie. Because my oh my are they decadent!
A cookie dough base, topped with oreos, and then topped with a highly chocolatey and sugar-coma inducing chocolate brownie layer. This one’s for all you mothers this Mother’s Day, especially my own. I love you mumma!
– 110g butter
– 1/2 cup caster sugar
– 1/2 cup brown sugar
– 1 egg
– 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
– 1 and 1/4 cups plain flour
– 1/2 tsp baking powder
– 100g milk chocolate chips (I used caramel choc-chips, just for extra fun!)
– 2 packs oreos
– 115g Dark chocolate
– 225g butter
– 1 and 1/2 cups caster sugar
– Just under a cup of plain flour
– 1/4 cup cocoa powder
1. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees celsius.
2. Make the cookie base by creaming together the butter and sugars until soft, then add the egg and mix well.
3. Add the flour, baking powder and chocolate chips and fold in well.
4. Spread the cookie dough along the bottom of a grease proof paper covered brownie tin and top with oreos.
5. To make the brownie mixture, melt the chocolate and butter in a metal bowl over hot water (bain marie style folks!)
6. Whisk the sugar and eggs together in a large bowl until they have trebled in volume.
7. Sift the flour and cocoa powder in to the mixture, then pour in the melted chocolate and butter mixture and mix together.
8. Pour the brownie mixture over the cookies, pop in the oven for roughly 40 minutes or until brownie layer is firm.
Best bits? My addition of the caramel choc chips – the caramel ooze is just so incredibly decadent. The oreos? Who doesn’t like oreos? Oreos in a brownie? Who doesn’t LOVE oreos in a brownie? Add extra dark chocolate and cocoa brownie batter and what have you got? Food porn.
I had to change the ingredients just a tad in the brownie layer because I found that there wasn’t enough flour and it was a bit too runny.
Extremely chocolatey, gooey and delicious. Very sweet too so not for those who don’t like life sweet! Best Mother’s Day treat! AND, best with ice-cream, or cream, or both. I say both. Definitely the most decadent chocolate brownie recipe. And so easy too!
If your mum loves chocolate as much as mine, she will go nuts for this! You’re welcome.
P.S All you beauties – don’t forget to ‘Like’ my Facebook page!