Why hello there! Long time no speak! Where have you been? Only kidding, more like where have I been? Honestly, I don’t even know. I’ve been in some kind of trance-like zombie world where I have so much work to do and oh so very little time and I just live my day in a very fuzzy state of oblivion. But don’t fear, I am back! For now. And hopefully start posting more things more often. Yes, you may jump for joy.
Today I am back with a deliciously nutty Peanut Butter and Nutella brownie recipe which I am making for my dear friend Maddles’ birthday (no her name is not actually Maddles but how cute would it be if it were?) She’s twenteen (the age coined by yours truly for those who can not accept the fact that once you hit 20, like I just did, there’s no more teen in your age) poor thing, so I thought she might need some baked-loving. Maddles is the lovely lady who brought you THESE BABIES which are still one of my most favourite baked goods to date. She’s fab and I adore her. She needs to start her own baking blog. YOU READING THIS, MADDLES?
This recipe was found on Ms I-hua (a new fave blog of mine) and there is nothing I don’t love about it. The two best condiments on earth. In brownie form. YES, is all I can say.
- Preheat oven to 170 degrees C (340 F) and line a square 8 x 8 pan with baking paper.
- Mix the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt in a bowl. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the sugar into the melted butter. Beat in the eggs one at a time. Stir in the vanilla extract and combine thoroughly. Add the flour mixture and combine well.
- In a separate microwaveable bowl, pop the peanut butter and Nutella into a microwave and heat it up for 10-15 seconds (or until runny). Fold this into the brownie mix.
- Pour the batter into the lined baking tin and bake for 45-55 minutes (check with the skewer test) in the oven.
- Let cool in the tin for 2-3 minutes before removing and cutting however you like.
YES YES YES YES. That is all. YES. Ok now that’s all.
Nutella and peanut butter should have a wedding and I’ll be the flower girl. These brownies are super decadent, nice and moist and even a little bit on the chewy side, but they are so tasty! You can definitely taste the PB, but I’d advise adding more nutella, because CARPE DIEM!
Serve with milk. Because milk and PB and nutella = another whopping YES.
What’s your favourite kind of brownie?